The Okotoks Dawgs are excited to welcome back Justin King, a native of Okotoks and product of the Dawgs Baseball Academy.
Justin is currently in his senior year at the newly ranked University of Alabama. In 2019, King hit .268 with 2 doubles, 2 home runs, 3 RBI’s and 10 runs scored for the Roll Tide.
Prior to his time at University of Alabama, King starred and had an outstanding career at Indian Hills Community College for two years. During his two years, King put up impressive numbers:
- Named to the All-Region XI First Team at the completion of the 2018 season
- Recorded 15 doubles along with his team-leading seven triples and 13 home runs as part of his .701 slugging percentage in 2018
- His 35 extra-base hits led all Iowa Community College Athletic Conference hitters
- Contributed 60 RBI and 55 runs scored – both good for second on the Falcons – to go with 37 walks and a .316 batting average across 56 games of action in 2018
- Received First Team Academic All-Region recognition from the ICCAC as a sophomore thanks to his perfect 4.0 grade point average
- Batted .357 with five home runs and 47 RBI for Indian Hills as a freshman before suffering a hand injury in April that cut his season short
Look for King this summer in the red and white to help the Dawgs defend the title in 2020.