Dawgs 2020 Season Ticket Credit & Refund Protocol
Dear Season Ticket Holders:
Re: Cancellation of 2020 WCBL Season and Credit, Bonus Credit & Refund Policy
Thank you for your incredible support during this unprecedented global health crisis. It is your commitment to spend your summer evenings among friends, family and extended family that inspired the Globe & Mail to describe Dawgs Baseball at Seaman Stadium as “a national grassroots phenomenon”.
As many of you know, the Dawgs operate on a strictly nonprofit basis. As a result, we could not offer our extraordinary facilities, including beautiful Seaman Stadium, or our exceptional programming, being the Dawgs Summer Collegiate Club and the Dawgs Youth Academy, without your support.
With the recently announced cancelation of the 2020 WCBL season due to COVID-19, all of the sources of revenue that the Dawgs rely upon, namely ticket sales, sponsorships and concession sales, have been diminished or eliminated. Further, although we took immediate steps to reduce nonessential expenses, many expenses were unavoidable or already committed. Against this backdrop, in these historically unprecedented times, we have been challenged to come up with a plan for our Season Ticket Holders that: 1) deals fairly and equitably with our greatest supporters, YOU; while at the same time 2) enables Dawgs Baseball at Seaman Stadium to survive.
Options and Protocol for Credit & Bonus Credit OR Refund
In an attempt to balance those two objectives, what follows are the 2 options available to our 2020 Season Ticket Holders:
1. OPTION 1: Credit & Bonus Credit with Seats Guaranteed for 2021 Season
- All paid 2020 Season Ticket Holders receive a 100% Credit for and have their 2020 season tickets rolled over into the 2021 season, with those Season Ticket Holders receiving the same seats guaranteed for 2021 at no cost.
- In addition, as a token of our appreciation for your ongoing loyalty and support, 2020 Season Ticket Holders selecting this Option 1 shall receive a Bonus Credit for 50% of the cost of any 2021 playoff package(s) that they purchase.
- For the reasons outlined in the Introduction above, Option 1 is the Dawgs Preferred Option.
2. OPTION 2: Refunds with no reservation of seats
- For paid 2020 Season Ticket Holders who are not prepared to accept the Credit & Bonus Credit offered in OPTION 1 above, refunds will be given.
- However, under Option 2 we will not be able to reserve specific seats for the 2021 season and all such seats will immediately be available to the general public.
3. TIME FOR SELECTION:
- Season Ticket Holders will have until the close of business on June 30, 2020 (“Deadline Date”) to select OPTION 1 or OPTION 2 above.
- PLEASE NOTE: Any Season Ticket Holder(s) not making their selection by the Deadline Date will be presumed to have selected OPTION 1.
4. HOW TO MAKE SELECTION:
- Season Ticket Holders may make their selection by contacting the Dawgs General Office during regular business hours (9:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday) by telephone or email at the following coordinates:
Tyler Hollick, General Manager
Annette Kester, Bookkeeper
Val Helldobler, Assistant Manager
We hope that you find this satisfactory and if you enjoy Dawgs Baseball at Seaman Stadium and want it to continue into the future, that you will select the Dawgs Preferred OPTION 1.
As indicated, we have attempted to identify a solution in these unprecedented times that treats our most loyal supporters in a manner that is fair and equitable while at the same time enables Dawgs Baseball at Seaman Stadium to survive and offer affordable family entertainment to the communities we serve for years to come.
In closing friends, the Dawgs are determined to be an integral part of our communities’ recovery. One recent example of this was our partnership with West Direct Express Courier in support of the Okotoks Food Bank. You may have become aware of this very successful initiative from the media reports and it is just one example of the Dawgs commitment to be an integral part of restoring the health and wellbeing of our communities.
Again, thank you for your ongoing support. Although we are extremely disappointed with the cancelation of the 2020 WCBL season, we fully understand that there are much broader issues at stake and the health and wellbeing of our players, coaches, personnel and our fans, our greater Dawgs family, will always take precedence. We will just have to wait until the 2021 season to defend our WCBL Championship in front of YOU, “the greatest fans in baseball”.
We wish you and yours nothing but health and happiness. Go Dawgs! Go Okotoks! Go Calgary! Go Alberta! Go World!
Okotoks Dawgs Baseball Club
PLEASE NOTE: The latest information about the Dawgs is available at: